* Membership of the C.W.C.V. is open to anyone eighteen years of age or over who is genuinely interested in bushwalking. It is necessary to do four trips in twelve months to qualify for membership. Application forms are available from the Membership Secretary whose name and number are on the CONTACTS page.
COVID 19 POLICY
From approximately 5 November:
· We can have groups of up to 30 people. (Walk leaders may put a smaller cap on numbers if appropriate)
· We can travel anywhere within Victoria.
· Full vaccination is mandatory.
Based on the above, to comply with the guidelines, all participants will need to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a valid medical exemption) to participate in club activities from the date of the second relaxation, expected on 5 November.
Vaccinations in conjunction with proper mask wearing are important due to the proximity that members often are with each other; whether carpooling, participating in pre-walk briefings, or talking with and assisting each other during the walk itself.
Although COVID-19 affects people of all ages, people over the age of 50 years are more at risk of becoming very sick or dying if they contract this virus.
Also, all our leaders are volunteers. They need to feel confident that by providing this service they will not be exposing themselves to acquiring COVID-19.
By introducing double vaccinations as a condition of participation in club activities we are seeking to protect participants in our activities from COVID-19 and, of course, complying with COVID regulations.
We will not be asking leaders to question participants or to verify their vaccination status. It is an expectation that, if you book to come on a walk, you will be double vaccinated or have a valid medical exemption. Please respect these criteria.
* We meet each other on walks and other activities, therefore we have no official meetings other than the AGM in June.
CODES OF CONDUCT & BUSHWALKING ETIQUETTE:
The C.W.C.V. has adopted the Code of Conduct as set out by Bushwalking Victoria.
Download a copy of the CODE OF CONDUCT.
Download a copy of the CWCV ETIQUETTE CODE.