THIS YEAR THE CLUB IS CELEBRATING IT’S 70th ANNIVERSARY.
THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS HAVE BEEN PLANNED.
- A Three Day Anniversary Walk to Mount Feathertop from 21-24 April. This will be led by Tom Buykx, our longest serving active member and veteran leader of so many trips to this mountain over the years.
- Anniversary walk and picnic lunch at Jells Park in Glen Waverley on Sunday May 16. We can get access to a good picnic area, away from the main crowds at the park and close to BBQ facilities and a toilet block for this function.
- Main Celebration of present and past members – to be held in August / September at the hall at St Thomas Church, Blackburn, on a Saturday, date to be decided. We hope to be able to celebrate Mass with our Chaplain, Fr Michael Mifsud, at this function. Then we will gather for a lunch together.
- Launch of the 70th Anniversary book. This will take place at the luncheon. Joan Kenny has been working very hard over the last year to prepare this book . Many of you have contributed photos from as far back as the 1960’s. More photos are welcome and you can send these to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We know that you will be pleased with this production.
- Power point presentation of photos from club walks and activities over the seven decades. This will take place at the official function.